Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The End of Gluttony

So since I've started this I have learned that I am terrible at keeping a blog, I'm sporadic with my posts, I'm terrible at filler between posts*.
Aside from realising my short comings as a blogger, there have been a lot of changes in my life. I started this shortly before I turned 30, I was in a committed long term relationship. We had lived together for almost a year, and it ended at the end of October.  We weren't always in the great shape and my summer of sickness sped things up.   We lived together for another 6 months, she just recently moved out. She's still my closest friend**.  So I'm in the process of getting things in order, cleaning, moving things, getting ready for my new room mate#.
So there have been some big changes.  But even bigger ones that I hadn't planned for are coming up. I had realised that I will have to greatly reduce the amount that I drink##.  One that I hadn't planned for but is that fact never be able to do is overeat again. It's probably for the best, as I'm a tubby bastard.  But Christmas dinners, drunken 2 am all you can eat pancakes, those massive heart stopping burgers that frat boys eat to be cool.  All of it ends.  It won't matter if I stick with the ostomy bag or get the reversal it will need to stop.

So I've decided that I will need to indulge in various acts of planned gluttony, not including my colon's going away party.

I've been coming up with a list, things that I need to get under my belt before it's all over.
1) The Mandarin - for those few people who aren't from the Toronto area, it is a massive Chinese buffet.
2) AYCE sushi - Which is surprising for some one who doesn't eat fish *#.
3) Dangerous Dan's - Dangerous Dan's is home to the Quadruple C (colossal colon clogger combo).  A 24oz burger served with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and 2 fried eggs, served with a large shake and a small poutine
4) A crave case of White Castles*!.
5) Phil's Original BBQ - it's right down the road, I feel like a slacker for not going already#*.


I'll probably come up with more, but think those are the big ones.


*That does mean everything I write is pure gold
** I can't say best friend, that is a title held by a guy I've known since I was like 6.
#She's a friend from Ottawa who was going to move to Toronto in the fall, but has offered to come down early to ensure that I don't die during my recovery from surgery.
##It's not that I drink often, but it's one of my few talents. I'm really good at it.
*#It used to be because I hated the taste and texture, now I blame the moral high ground of "by catch" seriously look it up, the fishing industry is massively wasteful and destructive
*! -This hinges on my planned trip to Detroit actually coming through.
#* This specific restaurant was specifically mentioned in the conversation regarding the "five months of feasting" that I talked about here.(*)
(*) I was at Sneaky Dee's with a couple of friends just before my trip to England. I was buying British currency off of my friend Nish (who I'm pretty sure is some sort of drug dealer^ because that is the only logical explanation as to why he would have lots of British cash laying around the house)
^ or he might be a vigilante that kills drug dealers, we're still not sure#@.
#@ But he's probably a drug dealer, I don't have much faith in Nish as a human being.


1 comment:

  1. If I may suggest:
    Burrito Boyz (a few locations downtown)
    All Star Wings and Ribs (in Markham - totally worth it...their fries are awesome too!)

    Let me know if you need a dining buddy in Markham!

    ReplyDelete