Sunday, July 3, 2011

Long overdue - The Last Meal

So this is late, 2 weeks late really.  It was mostly an issue of circumstances really.
I am at home recovering from surgery, with a bag attached to my stomach.

The party was fantastic, the first guests arrived around 5pm, the last guests left around 5am, so much drinking*.  I had planned on taking pictures of everything that was brought, but I started drinking.  I think there was something in the realm of 25-30 people over the course of the night, I'm not sure if there would have been room if everyone who said maybe actually arrived**.
I won't get into too many details as I can't recall much of it. However I did eat avocado#.

The next day I woke up at the crack of noon, and had breakfast at Sneaky Dee's^.
Then didn't really eat until dinner.

Now the actual meal is where things slightly fell apart.

My room mate woke up sick. So I spent part of the day looking after her and cleaning up.
Now my original plans^# were to go to Dangerous Dan's and have the Quadruple C (colossal colon clogging combo), because I was not going to have a colon to clog going forward##.

But the fates transpired against me.

Having already eaten Chicken Fried Steak on the Friday (which was my first choice), and Dangerous Dan's my back up having fallen through I was stuck in a lurch.
Then I thought what do I constantly smell in my neighbourhood, but never actually eat? Smoked meat.

So I went to Caplansky's.
Caplansky's is a couple blocks from my house and fills the air with deliciousness.  I ordered the smoked meat, a plate of dill pickles and a pint of  Duggan's #9 IPA.
The picture doesn't do it justice and I wish I had taken another one to show the magnitude.  It was close to pound of meat, I'd say roughly 4fingers of meat between two slices of rye bread. This sandwich was 2 steps short of a sex act, by the end of it I was tired, my jaw was sore and I was in need of a cigarette.

Now that was the last meal that my colon had. However it was not the last thing to go through it.
The evening was finished off with a slice of chocolate cake and several glasses of Scotch^^,

And that was it, I'm sore and itchy (on account that they shaved my stomach) the staples get removed this week.

I'll update again soon with details of the hospital and why I now love opiates ( I totally understand the appeal of heroin now).


*For the record I can carry $10.80 worth of empties
**As far as Facebook invitations go, "maybe" is the new "no***".
#I was indifferent and can safely go back to actively avoiding it.
^I regret choosing ham.
^# This only became my original plan after having eaten Chicken Fried Steak a couple days prior.
## if I eat it now I will just feel like a poser.
^^ Specifically it was Glenrothes 1994 vintage single malt speyside scotch#^
***No basically means "I hate you, I hope your party sucks and that you die in the middle of it"
#^ It really is a fantastic Scotch, if you are in the Toronto area, let me know, you can come and have some

No comments:

Post a Comment